The Emmetsburg Education Center (EEC) was founded in March of 2015 by a group of Emmetsburg, IA community members looking to fill a void in the childcare industry and provide high-quality services to children in the area. Using research-based practices, the philosophies and programming of EEC were put together. Currently, the EEC is operating out of a temporary location in downtown Emmetsburg while a permanent facility is being finalized.
The EEC is a non-profit (509(a)2) public charity. We serve children 6 weeks of age up until the age of 12 through early care and education, before and after school programming, and enrichment programs.
Mission: Learning by Doing: Strengthening Minds, Families, and the Community
- To spark creativity in children through exploration, independence, and play
- To help children develop personal responsibility for themselves and the world we live in
- To motivate children to have a passion for physical, intellectual, and social learning
- To foster a development of self-confidence and motivation that encourages lifelong learning
- To encourage children to strengthen and develop healthy relationships with others